My name is Rowan Udell and I'm a cloud specialist with over 10 years experience working directly with AWS. I can help you get the most out of AWS by supporting you with your AWS Foundational Technical Review (FTR) applications, guiding you through the implementation of least privilege on AWS and through personalised expert consulting.
As an active participant in the AWS community online I've been a guest on many AWS podcasts, and I've been part of the AWS Community Builder program since 2022. I am also a founding member of the AWS Ambassadors program.
In addition to my book about AWS IAM, I have been published on the AWS Partner Network (APN) blog talking about AWS IAM. I was part of the first Well-Architected Partner training session in Australia, and have been using the WAF since its inception.
Publications and Courses
- I wrote The Practical AWS IAM Guide
- Co-authored The AWS Administration Cookbook published by Packt (2017).
- Released my first video course: The Serverless Framework: Build a Chatbot course on the A Cloud Guru platform (2017).
- 19/10/2023 Joined the panel for the Pre:Reinvent Serverless at the Brisbane Serverless Meetup
- 20/04/2023 Presented Who's driving this thing? Evented serverless applications at the Brisbane Serverless Meetup
- 02/09/2021 Presented Painting with IAM: Least Privilege Policies at the AWS Brisbane Meetup
- 29/04/2019 Presented in the AWS Sydney Partner Summit 2019 Technical Keynote
- 23/01/2018 Presented about Serverless Operations (aka. LessOps) at the Sydney AWS Lambda User Group
- 20/07/2017 Joined the Serverless Experts Panel for the Let's Go Serverless! meetup
- 05/04/2017 Presented to over 600 people at AWS Sydney Summit 2017 (direct link to video)
- 01/06/2016 Spoke on the AWS Experts Panel for the Sydney AWS User Group Meetup discussing announcements at AWS Sydney Summit 2016
- 26/04/2016 Presented about Apex at the inaugural Sydney Serverless Meetup