UPDATED: Added examples from submissions.
I love seeing real-world serverless applications. This post is a collection of the best examples, break-downs, and deep-dive articles and videos I've come across recently:
- TubeAlert An epic deconstruction of a serverless application with lots of great diagrams using the Serverless Framework, DyanmoDB, progressive enhancement, push notifications. The code is on the 'hub.
- Create Audiobooks with Amazon Polly and AWS Batch Not a typical workload that I've had to deal with, but a great example of an asynchronous job queue leveraging multiple AWS serverless services such as Lambda, Batch, and Polly.
- LambStatus is a host-it-yourself status monitor for your websites. No diagrams, but straight-up code.
- Hello Retail won the team from Nordstrom the inaugural ServerlessConf Architecture Competition. It's a proof-of-concept retail solution using streams. The article even has an animated diagram! Check out the code on GitHub.
- marbot is a Serverless Slack Bot by the brothers over on cloudonaut.io (which you should definitely check out if you don't already know it). They specifically go in to detail about the learnings they gained writing this application for the Serverless Chatbot Competition.
- Bun Alert stretches the definition of "real world" but since it exists (and has diagrams) I'll allow it. A neat example of a very focused micro app.
Got examples? Let me know and I'll update this list.